Make your cereal more thrift friendly by recycling the cereal
boxes when they are empty. Use them for structure when wrapping gifts.
Or use empty cereal boxes to store magazines. Cut away the top third on
the side of the box, and then cover the box with contact paper if desired.
Here are some frugal tips to recycle cereal boxes.
- Use the boxes to give
structure to gifts like sweaters and other clothing.
- Turn cereal boxes inside out
to make plain gift boxes.
- Use the cardboard to make gift
- Use the cardboard to make
small notebook covers.
- Cut them down as use them to
organize items in drawers.
- Let your children play with
them, like they would with building blocks. Give children some empty gift wrap tubes and paper
towel holders also and see how they play with them.
- Use them for hobbies, like
making quilting templates.