Save money using your fireplace by protecting the warm air in
your home from rising up the chimney. It is not thrift friendly to light a
fire, and then have it pull the heated air in your home up and out . Cover the
fireplace opening with a screen, or better yet, get a fireplace insert that will
both keep all the warm air in your house and radiate heat into your home.
some more frugal tips to save money with your
- If you are afraid your wood
will be stolen, purchase pressed logs you can keep in the
- Save cut ends of lumber for
- Help with cutting up downed
trees in return for wood.
- Cut up old pallets for food.
- Use fire starter if you have
trouble lighting a fire.
- If you don't have a fireplace
insert, be sure and close the damper when it cools off.