Save money on fresh flowers by making them last as long as
possible. Most retail flowers come with preservation packets.
If you pick them yourself, add a few drops of bleach and 1 teaspoon of sugar to
every quart of water.
Here are some more frugal tips to save money on
- Put flowers in water as soon
- Keep flowers out of direct
sunlight. It will dry them out.
- Avoid placing flowers by air
vents or anything else that will dry them out.
- Buy flowers with buds still
waiting to open.
- Plant perennials that come up
year after year.
- Ask you neighbors for the
bulbs they pull up when they are thinning their garden.
- Share seeds with neighbors.