Frugal Living, Thrift, and Saving Money
Tightwad Tidbits for Frugal
Search Frugal Happy Families by Keyword
Save money on fresh flowers by making them last as long as
possible. Most retail flowers come with preservation packets.
If you pick them yourself, add a few drops of bleach and 1 teaspoon of sugar to
every quart of water.
Here are some more frugal tips to save money on
- Put flowers in water as soon
- Keep flowers out of direct
sunlight. It will dry them out.
- Avoid placing flowers by air
vents or anything else that will dry them out.
- Buy flowers with buds still
waiting to open.
- Plant perennials that come up
year after year.
- Ask you neighbors for the
bulbs they pull up when they are thinning their garden.
- Share seeds with neighbors.
Click below to find hundreds of money
saving tips in alphabetical order