Frugal Living, Thrift, and Saving Money
Tightwad Tidbits for Frugal
Search Frugal Happy Families by Keyword
To save the most money on energy running your freezer, and
make it more thrift friendly, keep it packed. If you do not have enough
food in it, fill up empty plastic milk cartons to fill the empty space.
some more frugal tips to save money on freezer
- Date your food before you put
it in the freezer and set up a rotation system.
- Keep your freezer away from
heat sources, including the sun.
- Close kitchen curtains when
necessary during the day to keep the freezer cooler.
- Buy energy efficient models
when shopping for new appliances.
- Don't buy a fridge too large
for your family.
- Do not set the thermostat
lower than 32 degrees.
- Maintain the appliance per the
manual instructions, including checking the door seals.
Click below to find hundreds of money
saving tips in alphabetical order