Save money refinancing your home if you can lower the
interest rate by 1 percent, and you are planning on staying in the home long
enough to recover the costs associated with refinancing. Anything else is
not thrift friendly.
some more frugal tips to save money
refinancing your home.
- Shop around for government
programs to refinance your home.
- Compare interest rates and
refinancing fees with all programs.
- Increase your credit score for
a lower interest rate.
- Be sure and ask if there are
any fees not mentioned, and get everything in writing.
- When you refinance, shorten
the length of your mortgage.