8 Natural Home Remedies for
by Sherry Ann Smith
Most people will have to deal with acne at some point or another, with many
people having to deal with it to a significant degree for a significant period
of time. What's worse, many of the over-the-counter remedies for pimples do more
harm than good. However, you shouldn't let that discourage you from your search
for good, natural home remedies for acne.
1. Some people recommend an apple cider vinegar facial application. You simply
do a 50/50 mixture of filtered water and apple cider vinegar. Be careful not to
apply too much to your face, as vinegar is a drying agent.
2. Some people use sour cream and strawberries on their faces. You simply mix
them and you have a nice weekly facial paste.
3. Cucumbers are a classic for skin health. Cucumbers soothe irritated skin and
help to keep it from drying out. You simply cut slices out of the cucumbers and
apply them for about a half hour to any irritated skin.
4. Green tea bags are a popular natural home remedy for acne. You can drink your
green tea and then rinse the tea bags in cold water for use as a half-minute
5. Honey masks are thought to be natural home remedies for acne and other
infections of the skin. It's not known how it works exactly, but many people
believe in it enough to put it all over their faces twice per week.
6. Garlic, as you might expect, is commonly used as a natural home remedy for
acne. It's a natural antibiotic and has properties that repair and even reduce
acne breakouts. Apply fresh garlic to areas where there is acne. Few things get
more positive testimonials than garlic. Use this acne natural remedy at bedtime
if you'd rather not be walking around during the day smelling like garlic.
7. Rosewater is among the more surprising natural remedies for acne. Two to
three washes in rosewater daily is worth a try if you want healthier looking
8. Tea tree oil may be directly applied to pimples. Unlike many of the other
directly applied natural home remedies, tea tree oil will leave your skin with a
nice moisture balance.
You don't have to be a victim of acne. However, if you have severe acne or any
other skin conditions, you should consult with your doctor before beginning any
topical acne treatment program. For those with mild, but embarrassing acne
breakouts, these acne natural treatments may be worth the effort it takes to
test each for yourself.