How to Straighten Your Hair
by Kristy Klien
Women always had fascination for long, beautiful, shiny straight hair. At some point in their lives, they want to have a frizz free, curl free hair. This makes the hair straighteners a huge hit. With this device, women can experience a straight hair.
The first step to having a straight hair is to choose the right straightening tool suitable for your hair. Although all flat irons can straighten your hair, not everything is safe for it. The ceramic hair straighteners lock in moisture that is highly recommended. Choose the one that has a plate made for the length of your hair. If you have longer hair, you will need wider plates.
After acquiring a suitable straightener, learn how to use the device properly. If you use it improperly, it will not give you the result you want and will even damage your hair. To help you achieve the straight hair you want, follow the following steps:
1. Shampoo and condition your hair. Leave the conditioner on your hair longer than you normally do. This will make it easier to straighten and will help remove the tangles.
2. Blow-dry your hair. Make sure that your hair is very dry before straightening. Prior to this, you can apply serum or leave on conditioner. Use a wide teeth comb as you dry your hair and try to straighten it as you dry them. Remove the tangles as well while doing this.
3. After drying your hair, divide it in sections using a clip. Leave the lower portion of your hair free. Group the free hair into smaller sections so that you can work on them with ease.
4. Pick one of the smaller sections in the free area. Apply a protection spray to the small section you are going to work on. Brush your hair from root to the tip. Repeat the brushing, this time with the ceramic hair straighteners, right above the brush. Gently apply the pressure on the part near the roots of your hair. Increase the pressure as you reach the tip of your hair.
5. Repeat step four while working on the rest of the sections. Do not forget to apply protective spray before working on a certain section. When you are done, check your hair again. Look at it from front to back. Check if there are parts that you missed and work on them. Keep combing your hair to bring out its natural shine.
After choosing the right hair straightener, it is apparent to learn to use it properly. Before straightening your hair, you have to shampoo and condition it. Dry your hair thoroughly after and apply a leave on conditioner to bring back lost moisture. Group your hair in parts and leave the lower part free.
Group the free parts in smaller sections and work on them one section at a time. Apply a protective spray on the section you are going to work on. Slide the brush through with the straightener right on top of the brush. Do the same with all the sections of your hair. Once done, check the result and work on the areas that needs more straightening.
About the Author: Kristy
is a professional hair stylist and writer for My Hair Styling Tools. Visit us at: