Save money on thatching and other lawn services you can't do
for yourself by asking neighbors for references. When you call the
company, ask them if they will be in your neighborhood and will also do your
lawn for a discounted, thrift friendly price. If that doesn't work, ask
about upcoming sales, coupons, or maintenance programs.
some more frugal tips to save money on lawn
- Keep your grass longer in the
summer. It will help keep moisture in the soil and you will need to water
- Keep the blades sharp on your
mower. Dull blades tear up grass and cause disease.
- Never cut more than half the
length of the grass at one time or you will shock the grass.
- Water your lawn 1-inch deep
twice a week.
- Remove moss if it is a problem
in your area.
- Read up on the fertilizers and
other care for your particular variety of grass.